Do you have a friend in Gambia and want to invite them to Italy for tourism?
Do you live in Gambia and want to visit Italy?
If you have a friend in Italy who can invite you, carefully follow the steps, and you’ll soon be ready to experience our beautiful country.
Introduction to the Italian Tourist Visa for Gambian Foreign Nationals
First of all, it’s essential to understand that foreign nationals from Gambia who wish to visit Italy for tourism require a specific visa. A tourist visa allows you to stay in Italy for a limited time and participate in travel and tourist activities.
Want to understand how we work?
We’re quick and reliable. The safest way to understand our process is by reading the numerous reviews our customers have left online: see what they say about us and our reliability!
European Regulations Italy, being part of the European Union, follows European regulations concerning tourist visas. This regulation sets the basic rules for applying for a visa to Italy for foreign citizens. The main regulation is the European Union Visa Code, which provides general guidelines and provisions for granting Schengen visas.
Nearest Italian Embassy to Gambia
To apply for an Italian visa from Gambia, you should approach the nearest Italian embassy.
We recommend contacting the Italian Embassy in Senegal at DAKAR:
Italian Embassy in Senegal, DAKAR Secretary and Switchboard Phone: 00221 33 889 26 36 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Certified Mail: email@example.com
The switchboard is active from Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm and from 2 pm to 4 pm.
Visa Section Phone: 00221 33 889 26 36 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Embassy uses the services of an outsourcing company. Visa applications can be submitted at VFS GLOBAL. Appointments should be requested via www.vfsglobal.com/italy/senegal. The phone staff speak French, Wolof, English, and Italian.
Documents Needed for Visa Application
To obtain a visa for Italy on an invitation for tourism, you will need to submit essential documents. Keep in mind that specific requirements may vary based on individual circumstances, but generally, you will need the following documents:
- a. Visa Application Form: Carefully fill out the Schengen visa application form, available at the Italian embassy or their website. Ensure you provide accurate and complete information.
- b. Valid Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your intended departure date from Italy. Ensure your passport has at least two blank pages for stamps.
- c. Photos: Provide recent color photos with a white background that meet the Schengen visa photo standards.
- d. Invitation Letter: Receive an invitation letter from an Italian host. The letter should detail your trip, including your arrival and departure dates, address in Italy, and a formal invitation to visit Italy for tourism purposes.
- e. Bookings: Present full travel bookings, including round-trip flight reservations, lodging reservations in Italy, and any tours or tourist activity bookings.
- f. Health Insurance: Obtain travel health insurance that covers your entire stay in Italy, with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros for emergency medical expenses and medical repatriation.
- g. Proof of Financial Means: Show proof of sufficient financial means to cover expenses during your stay in Italy, like a Bank Guarantee as proof of adequate financial means.
- h. Detailed Travel Itinerary: Present a detailed travel itinerary describing the activities you plan to do in Italy, such as sightseeing, excursions, etc.
Visa Application Submission
Once you’ve gathered all the required documents, you can proceed with the visa application at the competent Italian embassy. Book an appointment and come with all the requested documents. During the appointment, you might undergo an interview to provide further information about your visit to Italy.
Processing Time and Decision
The processing time for your visa request may vary depending on the Italian embassy and the complexity of your situation. In general, it’s advisable to submit your application well in advance of your intended departure date.
Visa Application Decision
Once the Italian embassy reviews your application, you will receive a notification regarding their decision. If your application is approved, you can collect the visa at the embassy or designated visa collection center. If denied, reasons will be provided, and you may have the option to appeal, if applicable.
Arrival in Italy
Once you’ve received the visa, you’ll be ready to visit Italy. Upon arrival, ensure you have all the original documents you submitted during the visa application, as border authorities may request them for verification.
Duration of Stay
A visa for tourism in Italy on invitation for foreign nationals from Gambia typically allows for stays up to 90 days within a 180-day period. Ensure you adhere to this limitation and plan your trip accordingly.
Now, you’re aware of the steps necessary to obtain a visa for Italy on invitation for tourism if you’re a foreign national from Gambia.
Remember to contact the Italian embassy in DAKAR for detailed and updated information on the visa application process.
Plan your trip to Italy with peace of mind thanks to our health insurance for the tourist visa! We offer full coverage for emergency medical expenses and medical repatriation. Click here to protect your health during your stay and request your health insurance now!